sewing design kit
Damn Good Dress
Can one dress do it all?
This one comes pretty darn close.
Featuring both a v-neck and crew neck, this dress is loose fitting while still being ultra-flattering at the waist thanks to a specially designed belt that includes elastic. Wear it over our pleated pants as a tunic or to your next socially distanced Sunday in the park, either way, this confident beginner-level design kit definitely ticks all the boxes. Simple dress pattern for beginners.
$89.00 – $119.00
Forest & Thread offers only
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Clean finishing a neckline
- Finishing a hem with a facing
- Sewing with elastic
- Blind stitch
- Mitered corners
- If you choose, how to sew inseam pockets with a French seam! Download the free pocket pattern here.
YOU WILL MAKE:
- 1 dress
- Optional sizes from 0-14
YOUR KIT INCLUDES:
- 2.75 – 3.75 yards of fabric (yardage depends on choice of fabric)
- 2 spools of matching thread
- 1 yard of recycled polyester soft elastic
- 1 Forest & Thread “Made By Me” woven label
- 1 Forest & Thread fabric care label
- 1 Forest & Thread paper pattern
- 1 Forest & Thread printed instruction booklet
*In an effort to be as sustainable as possible, we will use the remaining printed patterns & instruction booklets in our first released size run of 0-14 while supplies last. Then, switch over to our newest release of sizes 0-18 (B cup). If you wish to purchase a sewing kit in sizes 16-18 with a B cup, email email@example.com with your request.